I love paper cut art and have nothing but admiration for the time and dedication it takes to create. I also love art with a bit of an edge or twist — especially when it is a one of a kind piece. Combining the delicacy of paper cutting with the intricacy of a fingerprint, these pieces are as individual and personalized as you can get, and would certainly make a statement on any wall.
Nashville artist Lori Danelle has created a unique alternative to the traditional family portrait, one that would also make an excellent gift for a quirky friend or family member. Each fingerprint is hand-cut from acid free paper (a variety of colors are available). Danelle provides instructions for making a clean fingerprint, then uses the print you send to craft an individual work of art. Prices range from $150 for an 8"x10" "print".
You can see more examples of her work at her Etsy Shop.
MORE PAPER CUT ART
• Cut Paper Architecture by Ingrid Siliakus
• New York City Map Cut Outs by Studio KMO
• Inspiration: Cut Paper Wall Art
• How To Make Martha Stewart Cut Paper Wall Decor
• Hina Aoyama's Insane Paper Cutting Skills
• Paper Cut Maps from Famille Summerbelle