5 Decadent Blankets I’m Dying to Cozy Up With
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
My weather preferences were primed in my hometown of San Francisco, where hoodies are worn year-round, seasons are the stuff of storybooks, and the couple weeks of blue skies and temperatures in the 70s mean that everyone playing hooky can be found on Ocean Beach. Now we’re in Tallahassee, Florida, and when temps plummet to 70, my kids beg for their jackets with whines of “I’m freeeezing!!” Acclimation is a real thing. But that’s fine with me: It means I can turn on the fire and snuggle up in blankets like these.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
- If sweater weather is better weather, how much better is sweater blanket weather? These Pottery Barn Chunky Cable Handknit Throws are beyond inviting and cuddly. $129.
- This colorful blanket is winter’s version of a t-shirt quilt. Head to BHG for how to put together this blanket that is actually made of sweaters.
- Utterly sumptuous, this Pixie Dust Blanket featured on Purl Soho (a luxe yarn boutique in NYC), has captured my imagination since I first saw it years ago. If I had $270 to spend on yarn and the time to knit, this would be on my couch, 60 plus-degree Florida winters notwithstanding. (Hey, it’s cold to us!)
- I have a faux fur throw a bit like this Ombre Faux Fur Throw by West Elm, and let me tell you, it’s magical. Thirty minutes under one of these and I dare you not to hibernate. Plus, the larger size is ideal for sharing. $119.
- This isn’t your grandmother’s afghan. This bright, modern blanket was inspired by the designer’s son’s tangram game, and it’s sure to brighten the winter doldrums. $5 pattern download, powered by Ravelry.