A serene bathroom is not only beautiful but functional. Unfortunately, for most of us something in the bathroom always causes us problems, whether it's a running toilet or a dripping sink. But before you call in the plumber, see if you can tackle it yourself. Here are fixes for some of the most common problems:
- A sputtering showerhead: Most of us don't think to clean our showerhead until it's too late and it starts spewing water in all directions from the buildup of lime and calcium. To prevent that from happening try this solution.
- A constantly running toilet: You try jiggling the handle. You try flushing slowly. Nothing's worked. Now it's time to try this.
- A leaky faucet: Especially if you live in an older home, chances are one or more of your faucets leak. You can fix it yourself. Here's how to do it.
- A slow running faucet: If your faucets don't leak, they still might run slow. If that's your issue, try this.
- Slow drain: Standing water in your bathtub or shower is not good. To prevent this from happening, clean out your drain regularly using this trick.
Originally published 2009-10-20 - CB