From the "Agave Pimp" (?!) online at The Agave Lounge:
* 2 shots of chilled Agua de Jamaica (recipe below)
* 1 shot Tequila Tezón Blanco
* shot of simple syrup
* juice from 1/2 a lime
* lime wedge for garnish
1. Pour the Agua de Jamaica, tequila, simple syrup and lime juice into a chilled cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Strain into a chilled margarita glass.
4. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Agua de Jamaica (Hibiscus):
* 2 cups (2 oz) jamaica flowers
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar (more if desired)
* 6 cups water
1. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Add the flowers and sugar and stir continuously while the mixture boils for one minute.
3. Pour into a noncorrosive bowl and steep for 2 hours. zSB(3,3)*Note- this flower will stain so do not use a bowl that will stain.
4. Strain the mixture through a sieve, pressing on the flower solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
5. Taste for strength and sweetness. If it is too potent, add water. If it is too tart, add sugar.
6. Cover and refrigerate until time to serve.
Any other interesting margarita recipes??