Backlit workstations really know how to bring the drama. Although we do not have a backlit workstation in our own home, we enjoy looking at images of others DIY setups. Perhaps this mini roundup of five of our favorite backlit DIY workstations will serve as the impetus to get our own workstation into shape.
Adding backlight through the use of LEDs is an easy way to add drama and reduce eyestrain when working on a computer in a dim room. Here are five of our favorite DIY backlit workstations:
- Eston's Backlit Townhouse Office: Eston Bond's backlit workstation is built for recording and boasts some design cred with the Eames replica chair.
- Djenan's Backlit iMac: For this dramatic look, Djenan affixed LED lights from Ikea to the back of the iMac.
- Kevin's Backlit Ikea Hack: Using a Vika Lauri table and Dioder lights from Ikea, Kevin has added this colorful and unique element to his workstation.
- Daftintrovert's Green Space : For this backlit effect, Daftintrovert moved his green lamp from Ikea under his desk.
- Jemaleddin's Compact Backlit DIY: Jemaleddin Cole, inspired by other backlit workstations he had seen, took inexpensive LED strips and mounted them behind his monitor and keyboard tray to achieve this effect.
For some more examples DIY LED fun, check out these posts: