(Mostly) Sew-Free DIY Play Food
Everyone needs to stock up on food for the holidays. If you want to get your kids in on the act, you might want to DIY yourself some amazing play food. And while we’ve seen lots of felt food tutorials out there, there are many other super creative ideas using other supplies. Read on for a collection of homemade play food that doesn’t require felt!
1. Use small wooden shapes to create these cute mini donuts (Ikat bag).
2. Did you realize you could make something like this from Perler beads?! (Fave Crafts)
3. With a batch of salt dough, you can create just about any food you want. (The Cherry Farm)
4. Paint + sponges = play cake! (One Perfect Day)
5. Get your whittling skills on and make yourself some fruits and veggies from wood. (Whip Up)
6. Use some baker’s twine on styrofoam to make these tea cakes. (Sweet C’s Designs)
7. You knew you were saving those old pantyhose for a good reason: to make pretend potatoes! (Ikat bag)
8. If you can cut some wooden shapes, you can make some sweet popsicles. (That’s My Letter)
9. Use pom poms for the peas and some polymer clay for the carrots. (Project: Project)
10. Another take on foam food will have you decorating donuts made from a foam cushion insert. (Lil Blue Boo)