Found & Salvaged: Extra-Large Wall Art
1 of 5
2 of 5
3 of 5
4 of 5
5 of 5
- 1) Jessica and Erik found a huge map of Paris at an estate sale and hung it on their living room wall.
- 2) A photo from Chicago store Salvage One shows how antique film reels can be repurposed as large-scale wall art. The store has a rotating selection of elements that can be repurposed into art.
- 3) Todd and Nicole say that the piece of a Boeing 707 that hangs in their living room definitely attracts attention. “We found it at a Tucson aircraft scrapyard and had it shipped back to SF,” they told Apartment Therapy. “After we stripped off the paint to reveal the bare aluminum, we wired it for illumination using inexpensive rope lights.”
- 4) Annie hung a piece of weathered plywood on her wall. For more ways to repurpose plywood as wall art, click here.
- 5) In K&R’s South African home, flags hung along the wall molding add color and bold, graphic pattern.
Published: Oct 14, 2009