This is just a quick heads up for anyone who likes to illustrate. The folks over at digital art gallery, DeviantArt, recently released a free HTML5 online illustration application with many of the pro features normally only found in standalone vector apps, including layers and brushes.
- 21 brushes, each uniquely programmed
- Basic and Pro modes, both free
- Intuitive layout and functionality<
- Supports all HTML5-enabled browsers including the iPad
- Submit drawings directly to your deviantART Gallery
- Convenient design allows more focus on your art
- Join fellow deviants in a public forum to share drawings
- Start private threads in your group's Admin Area and enjoy picture comments
We just started playing around with it right now on our laptop, and plan to give it a try with both our old Wacom Bamboo tablet and our iPad for more serious illustration testing. But initial impression is the Muro app is responsive and easy to pick up for anyone remotely acquainted with modern graphics apps.
The Muro gallery showcases the capabilities of the app in the hands of more talented folks. DeviantArt mentions new features will be released in coming months, with certain brushes/tools only available once purchased. We only hope an image "import" feature is in the works soon, which would take this app from the category of "toying around" to "getting more serious".
Start drawing with DeviantArt Muro here.