Show of hands: Who out there was born into a crafty family? Has anyone here been sewing since the age of 12? Which of you are near-expert at flower arranging? Is anyone a pro at abstract painting? Well this post isn't for you guys. It's for the rest of us who want to learn how to master a few handy skills to get things done around the house.
It's not that any of this stuff is very difficult–with a bit of practice, I think nearly anyone could churn out some beautiful abstract art for their walls–it's just that you need someone to show you the ropes.
This is where the internet comes in. Here are 15 video-driven online classes you can take from the comfort of your home to learn almost every homekeeping and decorating skill under the sun.
- Flower Arranging 101, $20
- Stunning Succulent Arrangements, $20
- Turn Your Thumb Green: Expert Concepts Behind Successful Plant Growing, free
- Lifestyle Photography: Capturing Food, Flavors, Conversation, free
- Create Impressive Image Transfers with Your Photographs, free
- Create a Colorful Abstract Painting, free
(subscription to Creative bug required, with a free trial)
- The Art of Baking: A Beginner's Guide, free
- Sew Confident, Essential Techniques for Beginners, $25
- Hand-Applied Wood Finishing, $25
- Furniture Refinishing & Color Blocking Techniques, free
- Weaving for Beginners: Basic Weaving Techniques, free
- Accessory Making: Crafting with Leather, free
- DIY Concrete Design, $10
- DIY Party Decor, $20
- Create a Perfect Morning Routine, free
Have you taken an online class before?