When we're trying to save money, we usually look to sales, thrift stores, and good old craigslist, but we rarely think of trading.
It's one of the cheapest ways to save, and it can also be a great excuse to throw a party. Not sure what to barter? Click below for ideas...
- Home swaps save you the cost of a hotel during your vacation. To find other people in the world who'd be willing to trade apartments for a little while, try a home exchange site.
- Trade recipes and food by participating in a soup swap or a potluck dinner. You can take it one step further by trading Tupperware.
- Clothing swaps are a great way to clean out your closet and possibly find some new threads in the process.
- Don't buy new books; trade titles with your friends. Make it even more fun by hosting a book exchange party.
- Trade your time to save some serious cash. If you're a great DIYer and your friend is a web designer, trade your re-upholstery services for a new site.
Share your ideas in the comments below.
Photo: Aidan Jones licensed via Creative Commons