If you have extra room in your bathroom, or a good-sized guest bathroom, freestanding towel bars might be an essential. They can either keep towels close to showers or tubs, add extra hanging space for guests or a family — or even keep your towels warm. (Plus, you can take them with you when you move.)
• 1 For a luxury hotel look: Mercer towel stand, on sale for $199 at Pottery Barn
• 2 For the modern minimalist: Bath Life freestanding towel bar by Carlez Furrez, on sale for $280 at Design Within Reach.
• 3 For comfort and efficiency: The Traditional Towel Warmer will keep towels warm or dry them quickly, $129 at Restoration Hardware
• 4 For small spaces: The Birillo towel stand by Piero Lissoni for Alessi multifunctions as a a toilet paper holder, if needed, with three arms that swing and an optional top for setting items like a good book for the bath, $329 at UnicaHome
• 5 For creatives: Let us not forget about the chair-cum-towel holder! From the Down Under and Family Friendly house tour.
• 6 For a natural, organic look: Teak towel stand, $119 at Bed Bath and Beyond
• 7 For hand towels: Palm towel tree, $21 at Umbra.com
• 8 For tight spots: Consider a towel tree, or even a skinny coat rack, $40 at Amazon.com
• 9 For lots of storage: Cart with towel rack, $79 at Bed Bath and Beyond
• 9 For an antique-y look: Iron blanket rack, $49.99 at HSN.com
Image 5: Fiona Dyer