Fresh, Simple Ideas from a Florentine Hotel
The Continentale in Florence isn’t the most famous boutique hotel in Italy, but it has a breezy simplicity that’s really appealing — sort of like Audrey Hepburn’s haircut in Roman Holiday. Designed by Michele Bonan, the hotel is decorated with mid-century furniture by Nanna Ditzel and Arne Jacobsen.
Bubble-gum pink chairs and mod artwork by Faye Heller, Pucci, and Fabiani add to the hotel’s not-too-serious retro feel. While the concepts implemented in the interiors aren’t new, they have a freshness and about them that’s hard not to like. A few takeaway ideas from the photos above:
- Use contrast piping to give an upholstered piece a chic, tailored look.
- Sheer curtains that pool at the floor soften a bedroom and add some elegance.
- Enamel shades can make bedroom sconces feel a little more lux.
- For a semi-Zen aesthetic, line up a row of wooden stools along one wall.
- An orchid table at the end of the bed is simple, inexpensive, and creates a sense of calm in a sleeping area.
For more information, check out the Continentale Hotel online.
Photos: Continentale | Lugarno Hotels