DIY Project Ideas: 10 Great Uses for Shredded Paper
Allow me to confess: even if I know I should be doing something, I have a hard time actually doing it unless I get myself jazzed about doing it. So while I should shred most of my mail to protect my privacy, I won’t actually do it… unless I think about how much I want to make, say, a DIY shredded paper bowl!
Here are some of our favorite projects made from shredded paper.
1. Build a Bowl: paper mache bowl by Splish Splash Splatter
2. Fill Easter Baskets: basket with shredded paper grass by Thar She Sews
3. Strew Festively: party decorations by All Put Together
4. Customize Paper Lanterns: lantern by Reduce, Reuse, Redecorate
5. Let Kids Create: winter animals by Make and Takes
6. Store Breakables Safely: ornament packaging by Henry Happened
7. Fill Gift Bags: shredded paper filling by In My Own Style
8. Cushion a Care Package: packing material by Papercut Kitchen
9. Supplement Your Compost: Sierra Club’s Mr. Green gives composting shredded paper a thumbs-up.
10. Cover Your Grand Piano: just kidding, this is actually part of The Junk Mail Project, a very thoughtful work by Barbara Hashimoto.