Get the Look in 7 Pieces: A Maximalist Wonderland in Austin
This Austin, Texas, homeowner isn’t afraid to be bold when it comes to her decor. She opts for eclectic, colorful pieces that pack a punch (we’re loving the cast of characters she has hanging above her couch!) and mixes and matches different styles with ease.
What are you looking for? We’ve just cleaned out and relaunched our marketplace as Bazaar – the best place on the web for vintage designer furnishings and accessories directly from others in our community. These are our top picks for today, all sourced by Sarah Lyon from this maximalist Texas home owned by designer Kristin Laing and her family.
CEO & Founder
- Blue Area Rug , Handmade Turkish Carpet – $2,250 or best offer – Hand-knotted vintage rug Material: Wool Age: Circa 40+ years old. – SHIPS
- Original Oil Portrait Painting of a Lady – $350 – This is a beautiful original portrait painting, with fantastic colors and period details. From the style of dress and her “poodle clip” styled hair, I would say late 1940s or early 50s. Wearing a floral dress with an additional flower above her breast gives this painting a unique charm. She has a strong but pleasant gaze, well captured by the artist. She looks very British to me for some reason but who she actually is, is a mystery. – SHIPS
- Homenature Modern Tufted Blue Velvet 84″ Sofa – $1,500 or best offer – A cozy 84″ couch from Homenature will warm up your living room. With its contemporary take on a Mid-Century Modern silhouette, this is a versatile piece that fits into both a surf lodge or a sleek urban apartment. Originally purchased in 2016, this Del Mar couch is upholstered in textured blue velvet, with button tufted seat cushions and slim arms on a hardwood base. Custom crafted in North Carolina, using local, sustainable hardwoods and eco-friendly materials. This couch is 42″ deep and 29″ high. Available solo or with its fraternal twin – the same exact sofa in a slightly different shade of blue. – NYC
- Arc Floor Lamp by Harvey Guzzini for Laurel Lighting – $1,200 – Modern Harvey Guzzini arched white perspex, chrome and marble floor lamp. Rectangular Carrera marble base with an arched chrome stem that ends in a white acrylic circular shade. This lamp is is very good condition, wear consistent with age and usage. Minor deterioration on the base (see picture). Approximate dimensions: 80″W x 15″D x 60″H. – BALTIMORE
- Vintage Glass and Brass Coffee Table Labarge – $249 – Vintage Glass and Brass Coffee Table Labarge The classic 1970s hoof footed glass and brass coffee table Very cool Measures 50 x 26 x 15h. – PARK RIDGE, NJ
- Original Vintage Oil Portrait Painting – $595 – Price dropped! Was 1250.00 Artist is Dorothy Temple, it is faintly written on the back under the word Reserve, D. Temple. It is part of a lot of her work I bought from her estate many have dates from the mid 1930s and I believe this painting was done during that time period. This is oil on canvas, unmounted 25 x 21. It is in good vintage condition, with some signs of wear and age including minor flaws and foxing.Please examine photos carefully. – SHIPS
- Antique Pillow Cover, Red Cushion, Red Pillows – $250 – Red Pillow Cover made of old, antique rug. SIZE: 50×35 cm 20×14 inch. – SHIPS