Have you seen these pictures around the web? A property developer in London wanted to show how a large, lofty office space could be potentially divided up, so instead of grabbing a few dozen shoji screens, they installed a few giant office supplies—like scissors, measuring tape and a highlighter—working to split the space for you. Like the look? Why not add some visual interest to your office with some giant desk accessories?
Much like cupcakes, office supplies become a lot more exciting when produced in jumbo or mini sizes. Changing up your perception with oversized accessories adds visual interest to a home office vignette.
It will be tough to keep this cheeky decor from becoming hokey, but if you follow cues from the London firm's photos—keep everything else minimal and modern—you'll end up with a great effect.
Luckily, finding oversized office supplies is easy. Website GreatBigStuff.com is a party clown's dream, specializing in selling jumbo sized versions of everyday objects. Here are some ideas that could work well in an office (all pictured in the gallery above):
- These Ceremony Scissors ($219.77) would work well for a ribbon cutting, but they'd look just as great on a shelf in a craft room.
- A giant Tape Measure ($37.77) could bring a cheeky touch to a sewing station.
- Engineer? Architect? Keep this enormous Protractor & Triangle ($78.77) in your drafting room.
- Correct your office mistakes with a giant Pink Eraser ($19.77).
- These 7" Push Pins ($19.77) could look great in your office, tacked on the wall as coat hanging hooks.