Brr! Mornings during this transitional season can be so chilly. Maybe your heat isn't on yet ("Is the cold here to stay?") and getting out from under those warm blankets when the alarm clock goes off is not easy.
There are things you can do to help take the edge off the morning chill. A few steps we've taken in our home:
- Bedside rugs on either side of the bed make the transition a little happier for the feet.
- Sleeping with socks on or keeping a pair of slippers right at the bedside.
- An extra blanket's been thrown on the bed.
- As soon as the sun pops up over the horizon we have our window shades open to let in some rays.
- Warm breakfast will generally lure us from between the covers. Simply heating No-Cook Overnight Steel-Cut Oats is a quick way to enjoy the long-cooking oats with just a little planning ahead.
How do you make the morning chill a little easier to face during this in-between season? We (and lots of other chilly folks out there this morning, we're sure) would love to hear from you! Please let us know in the comments below.
(Image: Living Etc. via Apartment Therapy Los Angeles)