As much as I love Parks & Recreation, that's how much Ann (Rashida Jones) loves her on-again/off-again boyfriend Tom's new apartment. Declared by her friend Leslie (the one and only Amy Poehler) to be "girl heaven", it's stocked night and day with cheese plates, chocolate fountains, and "just amenities everywhere!"
Let's join Ann as she gives Leslie a tour of Tom's luxury lifestyle. He's got..
- An entire shelf in the fridge just for coconut water
- An apothecary jar full of fortune cookies
- A bottle of bubbly chilling in a Champagne bucket in the living room
- A cheese plate, complete with Adriatic figs, under a glass cloche. "This is always here! I don't know when he has time to make it."
- Blankets everywhere: "One on the ottoman, one on the chair, one on the couch..."
- A manicure kit
- Fresh flowers and gossip magazines on every table
- Both an espresso maker and an ornate samovar
- Heat that's kept at a consistent 80º F
- The bathroom alone features a gorgeous orchid, monogrammed towels, "boutique eye cream, unisex cologne, lip exfoliator, chocolate-covered almonds, and a sudoko book — just amenities everywhere."
NBC also put together "Tom's Apartment Tour", a slideshow featuring amenities that didn't make it into the episode, including...
- A chocolate fountain and organic fruit
- 'The Notebook' Blu-ray pre-loaded in every room
- Moccasin slippers waiting at every doorway
- The entire series of "Friends" on DVR
- And my favorite, "A freshly-showered-in bathroom (the key here is to run the hot water for five minutes and empty a bottle of shampoo down the drain every two hours)". I actually had trouble adding tags & categories to this post because Apartment Therapy doesn't have categories like "Wasting Water" or "Reckless Heating".
If cost and, you know, the environment were not concerns, does this sound like heaven to you, whether you're a girl or not? Other than the heat (I like it cold at night), it sounds pretty good to me. Some books would be nice, but with Tom's well-established disdain for books ("You still read books!"), that's probably out of the question.
(Image: Parks & Recreation Season 4 Episode 19 "Live Ammo" on NBC via Videori)