Project by: Danielle McKim of TUFT
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Danielle's client was tackling a major milestone, living alone for the first time. She called in Danielle to help her figure out how to design to her own tastes, and the result is a modern, clean and glam space that mixed vintage treasures with big box finds.
From Danielle: My client was well into her successful career but after seven years with a great roommate it was time for her to find her own place. It was time for her to define her style, since she was starting from scratch.
She wanted a modern eclectic mix with a hint of glam and boho design! I sourced all the pieces for her space, mixing in vintage finds (dresser/media stand, side chair, coffee table, some accessories) and brought in new and custom pieces (custom made console table, custom sofa, new dining and chair set, rugs and some small accessories).
There are many elements that I love in this space but the large gold vintage frame (with simple vinyl letters made modern art) and the wooden side chair may be my top two! I love designing spaces for clients because I work very hard to provide a truly unique space in the end.
I own a vintage shop called TUFT in Charlotte, I have a wonderful inventory with a mix of vintage finds and custom items, the other pieces were from the following suppliers:
- Lamps, Dining Table, Bar Cart: Target
- Vases: Marshalls and Ross
- Frames: Habitat Restore and IKEA
- Pillow Fabric: (Etsy Shops) Fabrics of Humanity, Shop Southern Sky Living
- Room Rug: RugsUSA
- Dining Chairs, Dining Rug, Living Room Chandelier: All Modern
- Dining Lighting: IKEA
Thanks, Danielle! And, readers, be sure to check out TUFT!
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Project Submission Form.