Whatever your reason for going gender neutral, be it decorating a shared room, your parenting philosophy, or your child's particular aesthetic preferences, there is a high demand for this kind of decor in children's rooms.
We went on the hunt for the most modern, stylish bedding that could be used for a girl or a boy. What color scheme would you go with? The classic yellow and green? Reds and whites? Teal? French blue? What bedding would you suggest?
For those of you who are going the gender neutral parenting route, to what extent? These parents may have taken it a bit far, but buying toys and educational products designed for both sexes makes sense for a child's mind.
Stay tuned for crib bedding choices.
1. Aptly titled "Unison" bedding, you'll find a stripe to match almost any palette. $108.
2. Another fast favorite is Auggie. Pony love is an obvious neutral choice, but if you little girl loves robots? We say go for it! Twin duvet cover $195.
3. Should your boy and girl be sharing a room, try layering different patterns of red and white with a rocket ship lamp for him, a mushroom lamp on her side. This organic red star bedding from Pottery Barn Kids could be perfect. ($55)
4. Target has a few photo realistic bedding choices. Depending on your locale, try this bridge or the skyline bedding with maps and global treasures as decor. $48.99.
5. While the Owls might be the obvious choice, we think this Skyline pattern from Dwell works equally well for the right girl. $156.
6. This Ikea Eivor Leva set caught our eye for its vivid palette and childish whimsy. Your tween boy might not be into it, but we think it could easily work for a toddler of either sex, maybe minus the flower pillows. $49.99.
7. Rikshaw Design carries a line of Indian patterns in a plethora of colors. $148 duvet.
8. My music-obsessed four-year-old daughter would fall head over heels for this Land of Nod Dream On set. $79 for the duvet cover.
9. Serena and Lily launched this Frankie line specifically for shared rooms. What do you think? $150 for the twin duvet.
10. A perennial favorite, we've seen this Argington organic Fish & Pebbles bedding pop up in many an Apartment Therapy child's room. So glad they decided to continue it. $110.