My bedroom (11ft x 13.5ft) has the potential to be great but I'm FROZEN with indecision. In general I think I want a 'warm and zen' bedroom. Minimalist but earthy and grounded. Sometimes a monochromatic approach of creams, beige, and wood colors appeals to me.
The current room layout works for me – and I've tried a few different configurations. Id like to keep the Ikea MALM dressers (light oak) and the metal cabinet, which was a labor of love and paint stripper.
Link To All Good Questions
Here are some of my problem areas and my ideas to solve them – but I'm looking for more ideas!
1. Repaint. Currently "Honeydew Green", but thinking muted olive, cream or biege.
2. A new bed. I like the case study V-bed but dont want it to be dwarfed nest to the metal cabinet.
3. Rugs. I like this or patterned Turkoman rugs from RUGMAN.COM.
4. Disquise the heater, with a bench like this one.
5. Art? I do like the aesthetic of an empty space, too...
6. New bedding and some lamps.
Hey Jennifer- well there is a lot of great info here. The first question we always ask a client is "what's your budget?" because that will define a lot of things like lamps, bedding etc.
Our main concerns would be dealing with a window treatment (nothing too flowy, maybe simple linen panels), getting a headboard (or that bed you like- very nice, indeed) and we'd center those dressers on that wall pronto. A big wood mirror over the dressers would also reflect that window and fill the room with more light.
Come on ATLA design-bugs- tell Jennifer what she should do!