Good Questions: Dry Shampoo?

(Image credit: Apartment Therapy)

Gary writes:
Hello AT, I’ve been looking for something that can remove a ball point pen mark on some upholstery. I really don’t want to get the stain wet, as I’m sure it will make it worse. A friend of mine suggested I use some “dry shampoo”, which seems almost like an eraser. I found this on “rubgum” dry cleaning puff on the Restoration Hardware website, and was wondering if any of the AT readers have ever used it or anything similar?

(Note: Include a pic of your problem and your question gets posted first.)
Link To All Good Questions

We’ve found something similar at the local drugstore, but couldn’t find a link to it. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of dry shampoo/eraser/puff?