Given that it's Escapes month here at AT, and given the fact that we're spending the week in a hotel in Boston, we've been asking ourselves this question quite a bit: How do you green a hotel room?
We have some ideas (below the jump) but we're looking for more.
We think what we've come up with is rather obvious -- so please add your own suggestions in the comments!
- Hang your bath towels over the shower rod or on a towel rack so they're not swooped up and laundered unnecessarily every day.
- Leave the plastic cups in their wrappers and opt for your own reusable water bottle.
- If you brew coffee in the room, again, use your own mug.
- Tell the people at the front desk that you don't need that copy of USA Today in front of your door every morning (we never read it anyway).
- Avoid leaving that AC pumping all day.
- And, last but not least, we're trying to keep the cleaning service out of the room for as long as possible. We don't need the bathroom scrubbed every day and we can make our own bed. So we'll see how that goes.
What else do you do?
image via HeroS; sxc.hu