"I'm looking for something that doesn't resemble anything country kitchen in style, or looks like a child safety product, or that might be mistaken for one of grandmother's Precious Moments collection that fell onto the floor. Can you please find me something a bit more modern or ask your readers for suggestions?"
Sonia, here are five door stops just for you, my friend:
- Jack Door Stop: Playful design, but I wonder if this would mark/scratch hardwood flooring.
- Door Stopper "STOP": Yes, it does kind of look like doggy pooper scooper. But this design allows you to move the door stop without bending down, and also hang it using the little hook at the end.
- dynamiTe DOOR STOP: This was designed not to damage wood or laminate flooring, and is made of birch ply and stainless steel.
- Cross Doorstop: Endorsed by stylish vampire slayers the world over.
- Thorsten van Elten Wedge Doorstop: Solid oak and available in six different colours.
But, to be honest, I'd personally pass on all these and just find a large stone with a flat bottom, line it with a large no-scuff felt furniture pad, and use that as a door stop. Any other aesthetic ideas for Sonia?