Good Questions: Who Did Those Squiggles?

(Image credit: Apartment Therapy)

Hello AT,

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me the name of the artist that did the series of framed paintings that are hanging on the AT office wall. They look to be a series of framed white squares with very simple black circular or amoeboid type forms painted with black or dark colors and some have drips. I love their simplicity and would like to know more about them.

Thanks, Jen

(Note: Include a pic of your problem and your question gets posted first.)
Link To All Good Questions

Dear Jen,

That would be us. We have been painting for many years and have been developing these minimalist “squiggle” paintings that are done in ink and watercolor in the past few years. The AT logo is one of these and the ones you see on the wall in the pic are part of series that is very rough and not finished yet.

We generally paint them to be hung in series. Our biggest series was made of 50 pictures. We have been selling them to friends mainly, but would love to get them out there. We will be doing more this spring and having a show, so stay in touch. If you would like to see them in person, just email us direct at

We support our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.