I'm on my computer all the time, so I want to keep it in the living room. The only thing is - I hate the look of a desk there. It takes up too much space, clutters up the room, and is just kind of ugly. I use a laptop, so all I have is the keyboard, mouse, laptop docking station and monitor. Is there a way to de-clutter this? Maybe mount the monitor somehow and get rid of the desk?
Email us with QUESTIONS in subject line: sf (at) apartmenttherapy (dot) com
Link To All Good Questions
Yes, by all means, get rid of the desk!
1. Mount your monitor on the wall using a flexible arm.
2. Install a ventilated wall-mounted cabinet underneath the monitor for the docking station. If possible, choose a spot near a power outlet so that your power cord doesn't have to snake around the room.
3. Go wireless with your keyboard and mouse. Without wires you will be able to work anywhere in the room from which you can still read your monitor.
4. Buy or make a laptop desk for your keyboard and mouse so that you can take advantage of your new mobility. Here are a few ideas:
• Levenger's Laptop Scooter, $398
• Little Friend Adjustable Height Table, $1,088