Good Questions: Pull Light Cover Solution?

Good Questions: Pull Light Cover Solution?

Maxwell Ryan
Feb 14, 2006

Hello AT,

I live in a pre-WW2 apartment building with pull chain lighting in my hallway, kitchen and bathroom. Does anyone know of a good solution for covering up them up? I haven't found light covers that work besides those asian paper lanterns but they aren't very sturdy or interesting.

Thanks, Cilla

(Note: Include a pic of your problem and your question gets posted first.)
Link To All Good Questions

Dear Cilla,

With a little elbow grease you can choose from a large selection of options: the paper lantern shades (you already know), metal shades, glass shades or even the cool Modernica Nelson bubble shade.

If your fixture is hanging from the ceiling, all you need to do is turn it off at the fuse box, remove the socket hardware and slide on a shade. Although you might need to switch the socket itself to fit into the particular type of shade you buy, they really are made to be interchangeable with all of these types of hardware.

For this type of thing, we go to the Lighting Plus Stores that are dotted around town. Ikea is also a good resource and we have happily used these shades:

Anyone else?

moving--truck moving--dates moving--dolly moving--house moving--cal Created with Sketch. moving--apt