My apartment is in serious need of therapy and I am hoping you can help. When we moved in 2 years ago, we loved the peachy walls in the living room.
But today I can't wait to change the color.
The picture is a little old and we have made changes since but the color is still the same (and the blue couch is on it's way out!)...
Here are my thoughts:
1. I'd prefer to not have white/cream etc, just so boring and blah!
2. My living room is more long than it is wide so it's hard to pick a shade for such a long expanse of walls on 2 sides so close together.
3. I am thinking of a light color for the 2 long walls and a olive'ish green for the kitchen wall (where the kitchen opens to the living room) and the entry foyer.
4. I was planning on putting some wall graphics i.e. silhouette of a tree on the kitchen wall as well.
5. Would love to use some wall art maybe even ceiling art
6. I would like 2 colors or more so that it breaks the monotony of the long walls and gives the room more definition.
7. Definitely changing the window blinds (don't know how I lived with them for so long).
I would love your thoughts on:
1. Color for the living room
2. The big painting on the wall
3. Any other random thoughts and suggestions..
Email questions and pics with QUESTIONS in subject line to:
Link To All Good Questions
You've come to the right place! Because it's Fall Colors month here at AT we've got tons of good examples of color to show you. The first one that comes to mind in looking at your home is this home from last year's contest: Finalist #3: Geninne's Modern Mexican Abode.
In general, to change your color scheme, we'd recommend the direction you are thinking in. Go with one accent wall per room and then a lighter off white on the other walls. In this way, three walls will be lighter and one will be darker than what you now have.
In addition to gaining inspiration from others in the contest, here is our best advice on choosing color: