Good Questions: Plastic Kitchen Wallcovering?

(Image credit: Apartment Therapy)

Hello AT,

I’m redoing my kitchen and I wanted to use this plastic looking wall covering [pic here is ours, not hers]. It literally is a piece of plastic that comes in all sorts of colors, but I don’t know what it’s called. Can you pleeeeeeeeease help me and tell me what they are really called. They look like plastic, feel like plastic and can easily be cleaned with a wet cloth. I also believe they come in sheets of sorts. HELP! May

(Note: Include a pic of your problem and your question gets posted first.)

May, we weren’t sure what you meant until we Googled around. We found this link for a plastic backsplash/ plastic mirror tile used on HGTV. Here is the Google link for plastic mirror tile. Otherwise, perhaps it is acrylic/lucite. You can buy sheets of this in many colors and thicknesses on Canal Plastics Center. MGR