Good Questions: Over the Sink Drying Racks?

(Image credit: Apartment Therapy)

Hello AT,

I’ve been searching and searching for an over-the-sink drying rack like the ones found in many european kitchens. I saw a metal one in a home magazine years ago, but didn’t need it then…and of course now I can’t find it. I have found 1 or 2 wooden ones that seemed semi overpriced and not very sturdy, but those are even VERY hard to find. Any tips? I’d LOVE to find the big metal one I spotted years ago.

thanks, krista (Pic: UK-IKEA)

(Note: Include a pic of your problem and your question gets posted first.

Email questions and pics with QUESTIONS in subject line to:


Dear Krista,

The simplest one we know of is in the Grundtal Line at IKEA (it doesn’t seem to be on the web, but – believe me – it is a part of this system. The picture above is it at the UKIKEA site), but we would love to learn about others.

Anyone got a link?