Great Living Rooms
For this week’s look into the House Beautiful archives results we’ve pulled a diverse collection of pics from a flipbook called “Rooms we Love.” Each one above is from a slide show below the jump, and we’ve even pulled out a few good links that stand out in the pics….
1. Victoria Pearson gave a natural look to this living room, which makes the majestic eagle by Ojai artist Katie Van Horne look even more real…..
2. Designer Ken Fulk replaced one big coffee table with two African drum tables in front of the Ralph Lauren sofa….
3. In this living room, designed by Jeffrey Bilhuber, one side of a back-to-back sofa faces the room, and the other side looks out through folding glass doors toward the swimming pool….
4. In a new 37th-floor Manhattan apartment, designers David Greer and Andrew Halliday mixed modern classics — a Karl Springer coffee table, a Jean-Michel Frank-style sofa, and Barcelona stools by Mies van der Rohe that the owner’s Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Emma, claims for her own…..
5. L.A. artist Jorge Rafael digitally manipulated a George Hurrell photo of Lauren Bacall, who presides over landscape designer Jay Griffith’s living room…..
6. In this gracious, pared-down living room, designed by Kay Douglass, an unstained concrete fireplace surround highlights the golden patina of natural wood….
(Images: House Beautiful)