For many children, Winter Break is just around the corner and after a few days at home, cabin fever may hit hard. If they are going to be spending time online, why not steer them in the direction of some great pages that you know will be a safe, entertaining visit?
Parents' Choice has a great list of Web sites they recommend for children ages 3 - 18. With everything from puzzles, science experiments, and learn-to-read Web sites, there's something to appeal to every child.
Among the pages listed include:
- PEEP and the Big Wide World, ages 3 - 5 yrs, features various games for preschoolers.
- KidsHealth for Kids, ages 8 - 11 yrs, gives 'tweens information about physical and mental health-related topics they may be curious about. Examples include, "When Can I Wear Make-up", "Dealing with Feelings", "Staying Healthy" and more.
- KerPoof, ages 4 - 15 yrs, allows children to produce online drawings, videos and more.
- Design Squad, ages 8 - 14 yrs, lets tween and teens explore science and the world of engineering.
- Cognito.org was developed by Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth and is an online community for "Young Thinkers Around the World."
For a complete list of their site recommendations, visit the Parents' Choice Web site.