It seems like these days, everyone's obsessed with going green. But while most are working to make their lives environmentally friendly, you can literally go green and work this lively color into your home office. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, we wanted to show you a few workspaces that are "going green."
We all know the benefits of adding green tea to your day, but do you know the benefits of adding green to your room? In popular color therapy theory, green creates a feeling of comfort, relaxation, calmness and space. It's the most restful color to the eye because it requires no adjustment of the retina to focus on it and green is even said to have beneficial effects on people with heart ailments and cancer.
So why not use St. Patrick's Day as an excuse to add a little green to your world? Here's some inspiration for you, whether you're covering your office walls with broad, monochromatic green stripes or simply adding some flair with a green desk chair:
- Green wall and green desk, Flickr user Megan Terry.
- "My Work Corner," from Flickr user Neven Mrgan.
- Flickr user iheartlinen shows us "Where the Crafting Happens."
- A green-and-blue diamond pattern on the reupholstered and repainted desk chair that Flickr user Bee Forks created for her sister.
- "I See Stripes," Flickr user mikethedigiartist.
- A glow of green lighting in Flickr user Vince Welter's "New Desk at Night."
- Ralph Lauren's Alpine Pool paint in Flickr user winged photography's study.
- A house-staging desk with green painted drawers, Flickr user Morten Liebach.
- Flickr user mobil'homme's "New Office."
- Flickr user ooh_food shows off a green-patterned Barber Osgerby rug.