Penelope Green examines the not-so-picture-perfect world of rooftop gardening in a new Times article. "This garden may not win any beauty contests," she writes of an AstroTurf-covered roof on 14th Street, "but it is nonetheless a champion, one of many scrappy green spaces still blooming on roofs all over New York City, despite decades of fierce challenges..." Plus, Diane Keaton designs a line for Bed, Bath & Beyond, Versace's new collection for H&M will include a line of housewares, and Rob Walker disects a couple of Tumblrs that document collections of "personal stuff." Links and more below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• On City Rooftops, Scrappy Green Spaces in Bloom | The New York Times
• Diane Keaton Gets Into the Design Game | The New York Times
• Versace's New Collection for H&M Will Include Home Decor | Curbed
• Rob Walker on Two Tumblrs: The Burning House and Everyday Carry | Design Observer
• Veranda Unveils the House of Windsor | Veranda