Last week I was shopping at my neighborhood grocery store when something made me stop in my tracks - at the end of an aisle was a display stocked with vinegar bottles, boxes of lemons and some of the best-looking cleaning tools I've seen. Upon closer inspection, I learned that the products are made by Full Circle Home – a company that offers well-designed goods made from sustainable and renewable resources.
In addition to what they're made of, I love that many of their products have clever design features that make them easier and more fun to use! Here are a few that caught my eye:
1. Natural Cleaning Set, $24.99: Full Circle Home primarily offers environmentally friendly scrub brushes and sponges, but I was most smitten with their natural cleaning set, which includes a simple spray bottle with built-in juicer for making homemade cleaning products. Sure, I've been meaning to buy spray bottles and make my own concoctions for years now, but this kit might just be the push I need to make it happen.
2. Fresh Air – Odor-Free Kitchen Compost Collector, Price Not Listed. Unlike most countertop compost pails, this product allows oxygen to flow through, which delays decomposition, keeping odor and fruit flies at bay.
3. Scrap Happy – Scrap Collector and Freezer Compost Bin, Price Not Listed. Made from flexible silicone, this scrap collector has a wire rim that fits over a drawer to allow for easy food collection and then stores in the freezer until compost time.
4. Flip – Loofah Sponge, $7.49 for 4: With natural loofah on one side and a soft cellulose sponge on the other, the Flip performs double duty and is completely biodegradable.
5. Stick 'em – Magnetic Kitchen Towel, $8.99: How great is this? Made of bamboo and organic cotton, this towel will stick to the refrigerator or oven, keeping damp towels off the counter.
Full Circle Home is also making strides in how their products are made. According to their website, some of their strategies include:
- Sourcing raw materials close to where all of the processes and packaging is done to minimize transportation:
- Ensuring scraps and waste materials are recycled.
- Using recycled and FSC certified paper for their marketing materials and packaging.
- Auditing their factories for fair labor practices, health and safety, compensation and work hours, environmental conditions including air and water, as well as waste disposal.
Related Article: Wash Up in Style: Full Circle Home's Dishwashing Tools
(Images: as linked)