Is your resolution to eat healthier and be a little bit greener this year? Get on top of both with this easy to follow seasonal food chart from UK restaurant, Leon.
Leon is one of the UK's top healthy food restaurants, using only local and natural ingredients, and changes their menu accordingly with the seasons. This infographic from the Leon cookbook organizes fruit, vegetables, herbs, fish and meat into the four seasons and color codes them for easy reading. Even though the infographic is made for the UK, it can also apply to most of North America.
The chart comes in a handy, large format PDF version - print it out and hang in your kitchen to stay on track. Don't forget seasonal eating is not only good for your body and the environment, but can also good for your bottom line.
(Image via the Guardian)
• The Flow (Charts) Of Food & Decision Making
• How Far Does Your Produce Travel?
• A Chart To Help You Save Water
• Conscientious Cook: The Green Guide's Plastic Chart
• StillTasty: The Ultimate Shelf Life Guide
• Locavore App: Tracks Seasonal Produce
• Seasonal Menu Planning from Around the U.S.