If a new alarm clock is on your loved one's wish list (It has been on mine before!), here are three green ones to choose from.
Pictured first is the Vers 1.5R alarm with with iPod dock & stereo that looks good and sounds great.
Why is Vers green?
- The clock is made from eucalyptus and pine wood from locally sourced and managed plantations near their factory.
- Harvested trees are replanted.
- Vers system replaces 80% of what could have been plastic. Paper used in packaging is 100% post-consumer recycled stock. All plastic packaging have been replaced with post-consumer paper or eliminated altogether.
- The Vers Class D amplifier is more energy efficient and produces less waste. A class D amp is typically 50% to 90% efficiency (vs15% to 40% of class AB).
- The switching-type power adapter draws 30% less power than traditional non-switching adapters and when powered off draws up to 90% less energy.
- Recyclables packaging.
This solar alarm clock is small, compact, and uses a solar module to power a long-life rechargeable battery, which would last one year without a single recharge. Not only is the power supply carefree, but the time is set via radio control so it is always accurate.
As seen here before on Re-Nest, Bedol's alarm clock is powered by water and salt alone. Electrodes "harvest" the energy from the water.The Bedol Wall Wave Clock is available in four different colors: blue, charcoal, green and orange.