I love to give and receive plants and bulbs as gifts. They are beautiful, useful, easy to personalize, sustainable, and budget friendly. You just can’t go wrong with a gift of nature.
Here are eight gift ideas this holiday season:
- DIY terrariums, such as this small terrarium made in a magnetic tin, are a great way to create a unique and sustainable gift. Check out more ideas on Inhabitat.
- Amaryllis ($14.95) and Paperwhite bulbs ($29.95 set of 10 bulbs) from Crate and Barrel. *Kits do not include containers.
- Lovely and easy DIY idea: Wrap up a small plant, such as this jade plant, in a natural fabric and tie it with a pretty bow to make a beautiful and long-lasting gift.
- Galvanized herb kit ($35). Great gift for gardening and cooking enthusiasts. And fantastic looking to boot!
- I saw these small rosemary trees featured as a tabletop idea on Joss and Main and was inspired by the simple and elegant presentation. This would be very easy to recreate, DIY style, with a small rosemary tree and a decorative container.
- The soft, clean fragrance of lavender is glorious. This small lavender grow pot ($22) comes in a delicate bamboo container and allows you to grow lavender virtually anywhere. What a treat. *Other grow pot varieties are available.
- Stackable living eco-cube air plants ($25). Air plants look incredibly refined, yet they are quite budget-friendly, durable, and extremely easy to care for (as in, you really don’t have to do anything).
- Bonsai Tree Kit: Japanese Elm ($34). This kit contains everything you need to grow and sculpt your own bonsai tree. Includes authentic tools and instructions.
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.