10 Green Gifts Under $50
Whether you know someone who needs a little help getting on the green bandwagon, needs to turn their black thumb green or you’re looking for a great stocking stuffer, there’s a little bit on this list for everyone. And best of all, we’ve done the legwork and all you have to know is giving green doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive! Check out our favorite 10 gifts under $50 after the jump!
2. Kill A Watt ($20.37) The Kill A Watt plug-in electricity meter measures the efficiency of appliances and lets owners know which appliances are worth keeping plugged in. The recipient will thank you even more when they’re electric bill is lowered.
3. Recycled Bottle Glasses ($9.95-$38.95): We received a set of recycled beer bottle tumblers as a gift and love using them. Each one is unique so the recipient can know their gift is not only recycled, but one of a kind. Good ones include Reuseful Objects, Umbra+ Frosine Reclaimed Glasses and The Green Glass Co.
4. Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Cleaning Gift Set ($24.99): The cleaning gift set is full of the best of Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day products. It’s a great way to introduce friends and relatives to non-toxic, good smelling and nice packaged cleaning products. The set includes Liquid Hand Soap, Liquid Dish Soap, Countertop Spray, All Purpose Cleaner, Surface Wipes and Surface Scrub – all wrapped up nice with a bow! Other good gift sets include the Kitchen Basics Gift Set ($9.99) and the Iowa Pine Holiday Clean-up Kit ($11.25).
5. Tatine Scented Soy Candles ($20 – $36 at various boutiques): Our absolute favorite candle ever. Tatine Candles are made with earth friendly ingredients, essential oils, cotton wicks and recycled packaging with vegetable based inks. Rather than using petroleum based waxes they use soy wax only, which is cleaner burning, longer lasting, biodegradable and water-soluble. The Garden + Forest Infusion is available for $30 and the Le Vieux Monde is on sale for $19.99 online at Anthropologie.
6. Irv and Shelley’s Fresh Picks Gift Certificate ($Your Choice): We got this last year and it was a great way to through the winter while the farmer’s markets are closed for the season. It’s also a great way to get friends started with weekly fresh produce deliveries. Find a CSA near you at LocalHarvest.org.
8. Solio H1000 Universal Hybrid Charger ($44.95): This portable battery charger draws energy directly from the sun with an integrated solar panel and stores the power for up to a full year using an internal battery. Even if there’s no sun simply connect the charger to a computer’s USB port for a quick charge. The Solio H1000 is compatible with over 3200 devices – so unless your giftee is living a gadget-free life, they’re sure to find this solar charger useful.
10. Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Bottle ($14.95-$32.95): Water bottles have come a long way and have even evolved over the last year with the discovery of BPA hiding in a number of reputable bottles. So it’s likely that some one you know needs a replacement. Klean Kanteen has been and continues to be a reliable, healthy and sturdy product – they look good too. The Kanteens come in a variety of sizes (12, 18, 27 or 40 ounces) and your choice of top (sport, loop, flat or sippy spout). There’s also a wine carafe, water filter adapter and even a new BPA-free and stainless steel insulated container for hot (or cold) beverages – this will definitely be on our wishlist.