This week in honor of Earth Day we attended the EcoFocus event in NYC. At this event there were various companies displaying their green technology and initiatives and in this roundup we will look at some of our favorites.
Happy Earth Day 2011!
- Samsung Replenish: At the Sprint table several devices were displayed showing off the new Green ID pack including the new Samsung Replenish.
- SodaStream: We enjoyed sipping some delicious pear soda from the new Fizz machine from SodaStream. How is SodaStream green? All SodaStream soda makers come with reusable bottles that last up to 3 years!
- RainPerfect: This solar powered rain collection pump system is great for those lucky enough to have gardens.
- HP EliteBook Notebook Computers: These unibody aluminum laptops with built in energy monitoring software cut a sharp figure and reminded us of a more boxy MacBook Pro.
- The 4th Bin: We're not going to lie, it was the vintage mobile phone that brought us to The 4th Bin table to learn about their electronic recycling services they offer in NYC.
- Philips LED Lighting: At Philips we checked out the Imageo CandleLights and the new color changing outdoor lights that are just perfect for outdoor parties.
- ThinkEco Modlet: The Modlet by ThinkEco helps you to be aware of your energy consumption by simply plugging your electronics into the Modlet device and using the PC software to track and monitor (Mac software is coming soon).
- Camileo BW10: In addition to showing off their laptops and mobile monitor, Toshiba also had the new Camileo BW10 on display, a tiny waterproof HD camcorder that records in full 1080p.
- The Green Revolution: This system from The Green Revolution generates energy through fitness. Although only available for gyms right now, they are working on smaller system built for home use.
- Pixi Lighting: These LED lights offered quite a soft glow which reminded us of the warm glow of incandescent bulbs.
(Images: Joelle Alcaidinho)