When I came across this article on 7 Greener Options for Give-Away USB Flash Drives, I immediately thought of my days in marketing where clients would routinely make requests for USB drives as giveaways, among other chotchkies. Often, our clients would ask for recommendations hoping for something a little different.
So help your client or company jump on the green band wagon and give something green this year. Perhaps the greenest corporate giveaway would be an e-card letting them know a donation had been made on their behalf to a charity, such as a local food bank. But many companies prefer an old fashioned gift, to which you may consider the following:
- Green USB Keys - TreeHugger has a list of 7 Greener USB Keys.
- Recycled Gift Cards - Sustainable Parchment has personalized recycled business holiday cards
- Bioplastic gift cards made from Mirel bioplastics, such as those from Target.com.
- Many promotional product companies are offering green lines of products from organic bags, recycled bags, organic apparel, or recycled calendars. Motivators.com offers an Eco-Friendly product section as does Eco Smart Promos.
- NativeEnergy provides a couple ways for individuals and businesses to purchase carbon offsets with greeting cards, stainless steel water bottles, or reusable shopping bags.