Personally, we love the simple, unfussy look of linen or hemp curtains: they feel earthy and sensual to us, and they filter light beautifully. Ideally, if you're someone that has sewing skills, you could make curtains yourself with vintage hemp, linen or cotton bought off eBay and Etsy. Otherwise, take a look at the list below for a few of our eco-friendly curtain picks.
Above, from left to right:
- Organic Cotton Curtain Panels from ABC Home ($98-$140): These organic curtains from ABC Home are made by a member-based collective on the Lower East Side in NYC that offers organic cotton and ahimsa silk products available in bulk.
- Organic Cotton Panels from Plow Hearth ($34.95 per panel): Made of 100% organic cotton and eco-friendly dyes, these 84" curtain panels are available in plaid, woven blue stripe, multi stripe, woven natural stripe, khaki solid and green solid.
- Knitted Sisal Hanging Panel from ABC Home ($73-$95): These loosely woven handcrafted curtain panels are created with raw sisal grass and crafted using traditional hand skills.
- Organic Hemp Curtain Panels from Rawganique (from $59): Made from certified organic European hemp fiber grown under fair labor conditions.
- Natural Hemp and Linen Drapes from A Happy Planet ($145-$200): The 60% hemp/40% silk blend drapes are unlined, while the linen curtains are lined with a white flax/cotton blend and faced with a 100% flax. Made in the USA with no dyes or chemicals.
Share with us your favorite curtain stores or sources!