Guess The Decade: Blue Kitchen – The Answer
Last Friday, we started a game of Guess the Decade, featuring this blue kitchen: metal cabinets, tulip table, copper lighting fixture…lots of clues to the era…
…but all red herrings. It’s a photo from now. This kitchen is a labor of love and dedication from Pam of Retro Renovation.
We wrote to Pam last week asking if we could feature her kitchen and we were so happy when she agreed – the room is such a great, impeccable modern redo of vintage style; we thought it was perfect for “Guess the Decade”. Pam searched for the cabinets in her home for five years, finding them for sale in amazing condition at a cooking school run by nuns in NY.
Here is her kitchen “before”:
196 of you voted NOW making it the lead decade by far in our survey – the eagle eyes definitely won! It was followed by the 60’s with 87 votes – which covers the year the cabinets were installed in their original location (1963).
The 50’s got a fair number of votes, 47, which is not surprising, due to the color, which is very fifties-style. It was followed by the 70’s and 90’s, which received 41 and 39 votes respectively.
Thanks for playing along!
More Guess the Decade:
- Guess the Decade: Home Office
- Guess the Decade: Home Office – The Answer
- Guess the Decade: Entrance Hall
- Guess the Decade: Entrance Hall – The Answer
- Guess the Decade: Saarinen Sitting Room
- Guess The Decade: Saarinen Sitting Room – The Answer
- Guess the Decade: Yellow, Red and White Kitchen
- Guess the Decade: Yellow, Red and White Kitchen – The Answer