This basement guest bedroom was nicer than a lot of master bedrooms, but its owner knew it could be even better—on a budget. Let's see how $100 totally changed this room's look.
This makeover is all-around fantastic, but my favorite aspect is that many of the elements have been kept the same, but the overall effect is completely fresh. This Is Our Bliss retained the enviable and unique nightstand, lamps, bedding, carpet, and dresser, but they've been enlivened with a new statement headboard, throw pillows, decorative accessories, and DIY accents. And that headboard? It's actually a piece of art discovered at HomeGoods at a deep discount. That move is a game changer, and I'll definitely be giving large-scale inexpensive art a second look from now on.
Some of you might be opposed to a TV in the boudoir, but a television in the guest room feels like a hotel.
As much as I appreciated the way the television disappeared into the dark dresser, I can definitely understand being ready for a fresh new look—especially since the dresser and nightstand woods didn't match. The dresser looks fabulous now, especially with the new pulls. And now the television can blend into the gallery wall, which fills the room with so much heart and personality.
Here we have a nice little chair and a funky-cool table. Having a seating area in a guest room is a great move if you have the space.
Now this is a seating area. The sofa is beautiful, the throw pillows coordinate well with those on the bed, and the mirror and large framed piece nicely delineate this as a discrete space. The gold mirror also corresponds with the gold drawer pulls—so smart.
This Is Our Bliss has a nice breakdown of how this room was made over for just over $100:
- Paint for the dresser – $0 [leftover from another project]
- Gold Knobs – $23.76 [regular price: $3.99, 50 percent off x 12]
- Gallery Wall frames – $0 [had in storage]
- 3 printables – $18.16
- Black & white abstract – $5.45
- Beach photo – $1.81
- Blue & orange abstract – $10.90
- Large Abstract Art – $39.99 [HomeGoods]
- Orange pillow – $16.99 [all the rest I grabbed from around the house or in my stash]
- Blue pot – $6.99
- Faux plant – $0 [had it in upstairs hallway]
- Gold mirror – $0 [already owned / originally purchased when I worked on the Basement Guest Bathroom, but it didn't fit!]
- Other large items I previously had in the space – $0:
- nightstands [they were my in-laws]
- curtain panels
- duvet cover and black & white comforter
Grand total = $105.89
Thank you, This Is Our Bliss!