The Haan Steam Cleaning Floor Sanitizer promises to clean and disinfect hard surface floors with a little water heated to 212°F. We loved that it was chemical-free cleaning and the pads are machine washable and reusable...
• 1 The FS-20 Steam Cleaning Floor Sanitizer
• 2 They're really pushing the "eliminates germs" angle with their packaging.
• 3 Opening up the box...
• 4 All the parts — steamer, telescoping handle, washable floor pads, floor protector, water cup and the optional sanitizing tray that lets you steam sanitize mattresses, carpet and upholstered furniture.
• 5 The bordering-on-confusing instructions — not too bad, but at first glance definitely intimidating!
• 6 The base of the cleaner is covered in plastic hooks (like velcro) that hold on to the washable floor pads.
• 7 Washable floor pads are easily attached (and they stay on).
• 8 The cap for the 1 cup of water...
• 9 adding the water...
• 10 steaming and cleaning.
I was happy to try it out on my apartment's wooden floors and ceramic tile in the bathroom. My rented floors are in BAD SHAPE from years of neglect — so while the Haan steamer made a noticeable difference in their appearance, it couldn't make up for all the years of abuse. The floor was noticeably cleaner (it felt really good under bare feet) and it dried almost instantly. I loved that there was no chemical smell.
This is a good product if you have new hardwood floors that you want to take good care of. OR I imagine it would work wonderfully on linoleum or vinyl floors. If you suffer from lots of allergies or are super-concerned with germy floors, it also is worth a try. In the end, we were happy to try it out and give our floors a steam bath as part of our spring cleaning BUT we were happy to ship the steamer back to the company after we were done — though it is small, we only have so much room in to store this kind of product.
• Very Green - no chemicals, washable pads
• Lightweight and easy to use
• Dries/evaporates fast!
• I had to refill the water reservoir twice to do all the floors in my small (under 600 square feet) apartment.
I am going to rate this RECOMMEND
(Images: Aaron Able, Haan)