Finding a good desk as a laptop users with limited space can be a challenge (at least ones we think we'd want in our home), so we're always on the lookout for designs specifically designed to accommodate for mobile computing. Designer Keith Tay's latest design for Habitat UK's Winter 2010 Home Office line has resulted in a compact, clam shell design inspired by school desks and the Mini Cooper.
Prop open the cover of the Buro to get work done, then close it up to hide away all your clutter inside, creating what Tay describes as a "relaxed home state". And we all need a little bit more of that in our lives. The upcoming Buro desk for Habitat offers smart, usable features such as rear spacing for rear cable allowance all along the back of the desk, while the vertical surface of the desk top can be used for sticky-notes.
Our only complaint? Habitat UK and their tempting catalog of interior furnishings, including the Buro, is yet to be offered here in the United States! A domestic equivalent would be the Bluelounge Studiodesk, which offers a similar hideaway design and additional cable routing features.
More space saving home office solutions for the laptop user:
• The Anywhere Home Office Solutions For Small Spaces
• The Best Closet Sized Home Office Desks
• Ikea's Melltorp Dining Table Is One of the Best Office Desks
• The Small Space Office: MisoSoup Design's K Workstation
• Unplggd's Favourite Small Space Desks for Laptop Users
• Ten Best Space Saving Floating Desks