Finding parking in our U Street neighborhood is increasingly difficult, and we've been wondering more often whether it's practical to keep a car in the city. Our friends in the suburbs wouldn't dream of giving up their cars but for many DC dwellers, keeping a car is optional and depends on the availability of parking in or around their home. Do you have a car? Does your home have an assigned parking spot or garage, or do you park on the street? Do fuel costs and environmental considerations impact your decision to drive? Surveys and interesting links below the jump...
Related Apartment Therapy Posts:
• DC, Maryland & Virginia: Do You Prefer City or Suburbs?
• How Close to Your House is Your Parking Spot?
• Mobility, Access, and Public Transit
• Permit Parking In Your Hood: Yay or Nay?
• Look: Parking Garage Architecture
(Images: Rachael Grad)