It's a busy and exciting time here at Apartment Therapy and we're in need of more help on our editorial team. If you're a reader, know what we're all about and are interested in a full time job as an Assistant Editor with us, please read on…
Assistant Editor : Apartment Therapy
The Apartment Therapy Executive Editor is adding a full time Assistant Editor position to the team.
We're looking for someone with:
• 1 to 2 years blogging experience; pro-blogging a definite plus
• Strong, creative writing and copy editing skills and the ability to polish and correct other writers posts
• Excellent photography, photo editing and Photoshop skills
• Experience with blogging platform publishing and html; knowledge of Google Analytics a plus
• High communication skills and ability to give positive creative input and feedback
• The availability to work online, to be available and in communication full time, and/or, if residing in the NYC area, to work full time at our SoHo office
The position entails assisting the Executive Editor with the daily production of the blog by:
• Editing Contributor posts - editing copy, photo editing, checking and correcting style and html issues, optimizing titles, photos and links, basic fact checking and photo crediting
• Writing daily blog posts and assigned posts
• Sending the daily Apartment Therapy email
• Completion of administrative tasks, including helping to maintain the freelance schedules and invoices, production of reports, sending of form emails and other assignments
• Providing trade show and event coverage as needed
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and the urls to two (2) sample blog posts for review to firstname.lastname@example.org. The two sample blog posts should be written specifically for this application in your best representation of the Apartment Therapy style of blog post construction. They should include multiple images and should show off your sense of style and comfort in writing about the world of interiors, design and life at home. They should NOT have been previously published elsewhere.
Application Deadline: May 22, 2011
Questions? Email: email@example.com
Comments have been disabled.