Hidden Patterns in the Home
If you’re squeamish about busying your home with a lot of pattern, but you like the look of modern wallpapers and fabrics, try hiding prints in unexpected places. Hidden patterns have a special, clandestine appeal. You’ll get a little kick every time you open a drawer or cupboard. A few places to hide patterns:
• Use patterned wrapping paper or contact paper to line the inside of drawers.
• Wallpaper a closet to bring a little oomph to an overlooked spot.
• Line the inside of a book or box with patterned paper to make a gift for someone.
• Use wallpaper on the inside of a trunk.
• On the inside of a kitchen cupboard, use a pattern that coordinates with your dishes for an ultra-lux look.
Any other ideas for hidden patterns?