Household router. While we love you for how much you do for us, it's just downright hard trying to hide you in all sorts of weird places without degrading your signal. This is why we've decided to put you out there. For all that you are. In plain sight.
SOME OF THE BEST PLACES TO HIDE A ROUTER IN PLAIN SIGHT:
1) In the kitchen: Getting an Airport Express and using AirTunes, you can setup a pair of remote speakers and easily hide the router/modem behind it.
2) On a bookshelf: Hiding it on a shelving unit (like we've done with our HiFiMan headphone amp) as just another piece of decor can blend technology without cramping your style. Just make sure you keep those black antennas tucked away and out of sight.
3) On your office cart: It's convenient. It's movable. And we've even outlined a how-to for it over here.
4) On your desk: If you've already got plenty going on your desk, hiding your router in plain sight on your computing desk shouldn't be too difficult.
5) Or have it do double duty. The easy route would to be just grabbing a router that's designed to look like everyday objects. Like this router that looks like a vase, for example.
Got more ideas? Let us know how you hide your router in plain sight!