High & Low: Eames & Eames-Inspired Task Chairs
The Eames Management Chair is a favorite of Apartment Therapy readers—it scored just below the Aeron Chair in a lunchtime survey. We love it in mesh, Maharam, or plain leather. Like any standard bearer, it’s often copied, and we’ve heard both good and bad reviews of knockoffs. We’ve rounded up a few of the current crop for both “high” and “low” options…
• 1 Leather with aluminum frame: Eames Management Chair from DWR, $1,750
• 2 Leather with aluminum base/arms: Topstar Chair from Overstock.com, $477
• 3 Leather with chromed metal frame: Swivel Leather Desk Chair from West Elm, $300
• 4 Vinyl with chromed steel frame: Studio Office Chair from Chiasso, $268
• 5 Bonded leather over wood composite with chrome plated frame: Surf Office Chair from CB2, $200
For other high and low posts from Apartment Therapy, click here.